Location: Bidgol, Kashan (Kashan Province)
- 81 ha;
- 54 traditional owners from Bidgol, Kashi dialect of Persian;
- Excellent example of a ground water-based ICCA;
To maintain and repair the channels of the Qanat, permission is obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural
- Livelihood, cultural and spiritual values. Many community rituals are still practiced for the governance of the Qanat;
- Unique flora and fauna of desert environment, including some maintained through irrigation;
- Elders and community leaders (most skilled persons) in charge of the decision-making;
- Desert agriculture.
Reference: CENESTA. 2004. Qanat Irrigation Systems: An ancient water distribution system allowing specialised and diverse cropping in desert regions of Iran, CENESTA and FAO, Tehran.