January 2011دی 1389–
December 2013آذر 1392
Location: Iran and beyond (16 partners in the action)
Overall objective: To better enable CSOs to play a key role to improved livelihoods of dryland communities through capacity building, knowledge sharing and advocacy
- Articulate local concerns in national and international policy processes (“advocacy”). The goal is to become a consolidated and reliable “speaking partner” for different stakeholders and decision makers and furthermore to ascertain that participatory processes are supported and guaranteed by qualified and consorted input.
- Continue strengthening national platforms for coordination and collaboration regarding sustainable development in drylands (“capacity building”).
- Act as a knowledge hub for local knowledge and research (“knowledge sharing”). This knowledge hub will strive to connect the knowledge, experience and expertise of practitioners, scientific and political actors.
- A pro-active and competent global CSO coalition on land degradation which is able to bring all the hands-on experience from working with local communities in drylands to the international stakeholders and discussions, and can ascertain that participatory processes are supported and guaranteed by qualified and consorted input
- A strong(er) civil society platform for coordination, exchanging, learning and lobbying together, recognized by and in regular dialogue with national institutions, authorities and CSOs in each DRYNET country.
- DRYNET as a knowledge hub for connecting the knowledge, experience and expertise of practitioners, scientific and political actors.