17 november 201627 آبان 1395
Location: Chabahar Maritime and Marine University
The first multi-stakeholder workshop for building alliance among stakeholders of Chabahr region was held in 17 November 2016 with the participation of members and representatives from:
- Chabahar City Council;
- Chabahar District Council;
- Tis Village Council;
- The Chabahar Sunnite Religious Leader;
- Petrochemical Site and Negin Makoran Co.;
- Chabahar Bureau of the Environment;
- Chabahar Bureau of Natural Resources;
- Chabahar Bureau of Fisheries;
- Chabahar Free Zone Authority;
- Local CSOs;
- Social activists.
The workshop’s main objectives were:
- Estimation of potential social and environmental impacts of the Makoran Petrochemical Complex;
- Finding tangible solutions to minimise negative social and environmental impacts and strengthen positive impacts;
- Sharing relevant national and international experiences.
Through a SWOT analysis and by using the carousel method, the above objectives were examined and a set of rational solutions were suggested by the participants.
View the full report in Persian
This activity is part of the following project: