From Food Security to Food Sovereignty in the Framework of Good Governance
Location: University Shahid Beheshti, College of Law, Justice Hall, Tehran
Research Center for Human Rights, Peace and Democracy of Shahid Beheshti University & Cenesta present
Public entry. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
Download link | View on YouTube
- Booklet of abstracts (PDF)
- From Food Security to Food Sovereignty by Professor Michel Pimbert (Centre for Agroecology and Food Security Coventry University, UK)
- UPOV 1991 and the Implications for Farmers’ Rights by Lim Li Ching (from Third World Network)
- Ensuring Indigenous Peoples’ and Local Communities’ rights to food sovereignty – A cultural approach in international law by Dr Janet Blake (Associate Professor in the Faculty of Low and International Relations Director of the UNESCO chair for Human Rights, Peace and Democracy, Shahid Beheshti)
- امنيت غذايی در پرتو دكترين امنيت انسانی با تأكيد بر دستور كار توسعه پايدار ٢٠٣٠ ملل متحد by Dr Sharifi Tarazkoohi (Professor of the law and senior researcher of international human laws, Azad University – Central Tehran Branch), in Persian
E-mail your submission(s) to the Conference’s Secretariat:
Important: because the date of the conference had to be postponed, participants will be informed of the outcome of their submission by e-mail between the 20th and the 22nd of February.
Topics: food security, human security, self-determination of indigenous peoples and local communities, conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity and genetic resources, food sovereignty, legal frameworks, national and international policies, human rights, role and function of the global economic and trade policies on food sovereignty